16.1.14

life of mine - beginning of an fsc.

I'm beginning to see things differently. Some of you may know I've just switched to a new career and it's been exciting, mind boggling, stressful and full of ups and downs. In just a month or so, I've felt so many emotions as compared to my previous job of 5 years.

Amazing.

As I was saying, I've come to see everything differently. Today, I cut my hair and at the salon, the hairdresser, who's also the lady boss was speaking to a friend. This lady friend was telling her about her husband needing to go for chemotherapy next week and saying that she was not going to eat the reunion dinner because she had no mood. It got me thinking, my job could really help people financially. I can't take away cancer, I can't prevent cancer, but at least, I can help you ease your financial worries when it comes to hospital bills and so on.

I just listened on and reflected. While I was getting my haircut, the lady boss was telling me the clinic opposite her shop was full of business. This got me thinking again. How many of them were seeing the doctor due to an accident? How many of them had to pay for the consultation? Again, I reflected.

I paid the lady boss for her service and haircut well done. Wished her a happy Chinese new year and was on my way to an appointment. Just before I reached the bus stop, a little boy ran and fell face flat on the ground. After the first five seconds of shock, he started wailing. A woman, his mother I suppose, ran to him and tried to soothe him unsuccessfully. I didn't see blood but I wasn't sure since it was pretty dark already.

Again, it got me thinking. How many parents bought accident plans for their children? How many know about such accident plans?

I have a dream. This dream is to educate people. I want to let everyone know the importance of insurance.

Insurance. This word seems to scare the shit out of everyone. Or is it just us agents? Apparently we're the scariest people on earth. Once we introduce ourselves as agents, peoples' mind seem to scream out, "RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!". Yes, run! Run to be fit. Run to stay healthy. Run to feel alive! But please, don't run away from us Financial Services Consultants. Keep an open mind and listen to what we have to say. You'll never know until you hear us out. Stereotyped as gold diggers, give us a chance to prove that we're not.

:)